New to the Group

To: mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New to the Group
From: terrry banicki <banicki@webmart.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 14:42:01 -0500
Hi all!  I'm the not so proud owner of  a 52' MG TD. Its been sitting in
the back of my mechanics garage for the last two years.  It needed to be
brought up to a state of road worthyness (brakes and carboration).  Not
all that much work, but more time than I have.  This is not the first
time one of my cars have quitely slipped into the back of the garage.
So does anyone know of a restoration shop in the midwest?  I called
White Post and they quoted me a shop rate of $55 per hour.  A bit
pricey.  I'm at the point where I just want the car done, say by next
spring.  So I would like to start lining up some shop now.  Would perfer
a shop that has done a TD before, or specializes in MGT's.  Does anyone
know anyone?

Cars History:
I bought it in Bloomington Ill in 1986.
Owner said he had built it out of two partial cars.  It complete and was
running when I took it to the garage. The wood was in good shape last
time I saw the car.
Paint is black laquer and cracked.  Interior is shot.
Currently it in Charleston Il. Having brakes and carboration done, or
not...
Would like it painted and have the mechanicallies in good working
order.  Or how ever far the shop is willing to take it.  I'm not
interested in a mint or concours car.

Terry Banicki
Decatur, Il. USA
217-424-7126(work)