FAQ/Tseries

To: mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FAQ/Tseries
From: "Danko Roozemond" <Danko@dutcosi.ct.tudelft.nl>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 13:48:25 +0100
Hi all,
The list is up and running. Not that I have much going on lately TD wise. My '53
TD is still in a 100 pieces, just the front is disassabled, after doing that
right i'll go to the rear and in the meantime painting the chassis, changing the
wiring, braking system and fuel lines)  I am still working on my house and the
two other cars ( mgbgt and a fiat 500) But I found some tools and time to
convert the FAQ (formerly asked questions) on T series cars , mostly TD but
including also other T-types, to a HTML format. It is still quite large (>300
kb, some 90 pages ) so it is usefull to download it once and then save it so you
can use it locally.

I made it for my own use, but others may like it too. It consists mainly of old
MGS-list questions and answers.

the url is:

cci.ct.tudelft.nl/danko/TD-memo's.6a.html

Hope you find it usefull.

I'll come back to the list with some questions later this year when I'll start
working on the TD again. I'll lurk along.

Greetings Danko

FYI:    The following topics are covered:
Intro
              T Series Books
       Motor
              Starting after a rebuild
              Priming the oil pump
              K&N filter for TD
              TD engine stabilizer
              Fan blades
              TD overheating
              TD idle speed
              TD Tach Adjustment
              TD oil pressure
              TD's leak oil?
              Oil leaks via the back plate
              TD Tappets.
              Valve clearance on TD
              TD Rocker arm questions
              XPAG Con Rod Torque
              Torque setting
              TC Oil Coolers
              TD won't start
              Starting with the hand crank
              TD Oil Drain Plug removal
              TD drain tap on block
              Oil feed pipe
              Bearings don't fit, now what?
              XPAG sitting not straight
       Transmission / axle
              Gear oil
              TD differential oil
              Eliminating TD shifter rattle
              TD Transmission Rattle
              Troubleshooting TD Gearbox?
              TD Gear Ratio
              Gear box "pop" out
              MGTF rear transmission mount
              TD Gear Box Insulation
              MG TD -- rear axle seals
              TD rear axle seals are leaking
              TF Rear Axle
              T series worn axle splines
       Stearing / Shocks / Clutch
              TC steering
              Steering shaft bearing. (T series)
              TD steering rack clunk
              TD Steering problem solved
              TD front end noise
              MG TD -- front end alignment
              Tires for TD?
              Steering rack lubrication on TD
              TD Steering Wheel Romoval
              MG TD Shock Absorbers.
              TD Shocks
              Armstrong shock replacement
              TD front damper
              TD grease fitting on brake/clutch shaft
              Clutch Pedal Shaft on TD-TF
              Late TD Clutch replacement
              TD Clutch Question
              TD Rear shock mounting
              Fierce TD clutch
              TD Clutch Linkage
       Breaking
              TD-TF brake and fuel line clips
              Lubricating TD handbrake
              TD Hand Brake
              Wheel and Master Cylinders
              MG-TD Wheel Cylinders
              Frozen MGTD or any brake cylinders
              TD Brake lines
              Grabbing brakes
       Fuel
              '52 TD fuel consumption
              TD Fuel Warning Lamp
              Fuel leak on MGTD
              TD Fuel Sender
              Vapor lock (1)
              TD vapor lock (2)
              TF Vapor Lock
              Fuel Vaporization? (MG TD) food for thought
              TD gas cap cork seal
              TD running rich
              MGTD trottle return spring
       Electrics
              T & Y Type spark plugs
              TD Sparkplugs (2)
              TD Spark Plugs, 1/2 or 3/4 inch?
              TD tuning
              TD firing order
              TD Starter
              TD starter / Testing
              TD Coil
              TD coil installation.
              TD Coil / faulty
              TF coil
              Part numbers for points, condenser and coil (napa)
              Distributor TD
              TD points
              TD ignition situation problem / rough running
              52 MGTD extra condenser
              Lucas Horns
              TD brake lights
              TD Brake Lights Out!
              MGTD Battery Specifications
              TD license plate lamp wiring question
              TD Voltage Regulator
              Amp gauge
              Positive Ground to Negative Ground on MGA
              TC -30 M.P.H. Warning Lamp
       Body work
              TD Floorboard Screws
              TD door fit
              Refubishing TD door hinges
              TD Door Fitting
              T series bonnet help
              Colour of radiator slats on TD
              Chroming TD Radiator Shell
              TD bolt color
              MGTC / Color of firewall
              TD Gas Tank romoval
              Painting TD gas tank end panels
              Piping (1)
              Piping (2)
              TC-TD Dash
              TD Instrument panel
              TD Dash / filling smaller holes
              TD Foot Rest Questions
              Trunk Rack
       Misc
              TD Water Temp
              Mounting lap straps in the TD
              TD Speedo Problem
              Cool Cars
              T Series Lubrication
              MGTD Radiator
              TD water temp/level
              TD plug holder
              Tubeless tires on TD wheels?
              TF mystery
              52 MGTD Valve Guides
              NUTS and bolds
              Starting a T-series with the crank.

Please feel free to reply to d.roozemond@ct.tudelft.nl
MG TD '53    (to become toy after (DIY) restauration)
FIAT 500 '69 (small, utterly slow : 56 mph max, though good fun to drive)
MG BGT '72   (the real daily driver, but in need of some welding)