Re: Results.. and next question

To: DB35PA@aol.com,mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Results.. and next question
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:59:52 -0400
Don,

I see you are looking at insulation wrap.  This never looks good but
it is cheap!..  May I suggest you take the pipe out and get it
ceramic coated? I got both exhaust manifolds and secondaries done
inside and out (double on inside) for my MGB GT V8 at a cost of
Cnd$360 ...  But that was a lot of tubing so you may be in the $30-50
area!   The difference was staggering - my engine bay temp plummeted
and the outside temp of the exhaust was much much lower.  Also
wrapping can cause rusting if you have steel pipes

At 01:05 PM 8/24/2008, DB35PA@aol.com wrote:
>Many thanks to all who responded to my two recent questions. Several of you
>offered (and sent) Mr. Felper's foot rest drawing. With virtually little
>tweaking, it worked perfectly, We have a better ride position for
>Sandy,  and I
>don't have that big lump of extra floor carpeting shoved in the foot  well.
>After removing the tach, I placed a single drop of super lightweight  machine
>oil on tach stem and rotated a few times, when needle popped back to  perfect
>zero. Thanks again to all who offered advice and help.
>
>As you can tell from physical location of questions, I'm trying to "finish"
>the passenger compartment. This summer, heat was super uncomfortable. I've
>added  the foil backed "cool mat" to floor boards, prop shaft cover,
>and tried to
>  seal up all the air passages between engine bay and me, anywhere it doesn't
>show  and spoil the cosmetics of the car.
>Questions:
>1. I note the front edge of the prop shaft cover doesn't come close to
>fitting up with the transmission case. Although covered by the
>carpet, has  anyone
>come up with a satisfactory insulation "packing material" for this gap...  or
>do I have something assembled incorrectly? Gap ranges from .5 to
>full inch in
>some places.
>2. Has anyone used the insulation wrap on the exhaust down tube.
>Manufacturer claims a 50% reduction in heat radiation.
>3. Anyone lined the muffler (silencer) recess in the under body pan? If so,
>what did you use?
>
>Melting in Kansas
>Don B.
>

>**************It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel