Re: Lucas Headlamp bases?

To: <Kellmg@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lucas Headlamp bases?
From: "Tom Metcalf" <mgtom@zoominternet.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 06:20:29 -0400
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi BK,

We've worked with 7 TA/TB Tickfords, 6 of which had L150's, and currently have 3 NB's in the shop, which also use them. Every L150 headlamp base has been black on these cars, just like L140's or M140's.

Sometimes bases were not removed during a headlamp replate resulting in bogus chrome bases. Note the rivet heads are larger than the smaller L140's or M140's - more like a truss head. For reassembly, these truss heads are available in stainless machine screws with no slots.

tommm

Listers,

With regard to the mounting metal bases of the Lucas headlamps, what model
of cars were painted and which were chromed?

I'm working with the L 150 (9") lamps of the '34 K1, these shells were
originally chromed, but what of the bases?

Any info. gratefully accepted.

Brian Kelly.

/// http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
/// Archives at http://www.team.net/archive/mg-mmm