Fw: carpet for P -type

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: carpet for P -type
From: "Tom Metcalf" <mgtom@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 07:16:25 -0400
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Don,

P-Type carpet was black as standard (in sales catalog) but I've heard of and
seen colors on P's & N's. NA0933 has dark red carpeting and Jack Simpson's NA matched the interior.

Contrary to pop opinion, edges were bound, as nice quality, short pile
Wilton style carpet was used. It unravels if not bound. Binding was same
color and in rexine. T-Series MGs used less expensive black Karvel, unbound.
TA-TB Tickfords used high quality Wilton, bound.

Mike Collingburn has the absolutely correct P-Type pattern and is based on
original sets that I've seen. The front piece - which covers around the pedals, the
passenger foot slope and the gearbox, is fairly complex. I can probably get
a photo of that front piece and the remaining pieces simply cover the rear
floorboards.

DISCLAIMER: The above is based on what I've seen on a decent number of cars
but **tain't guaranteed** to be true and absolute in every case!!!

tommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

----- Original Message ----- From: <DB35PA@aol.com>