Re: Mac users beware!

To: mmmbob@adelphia.net, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mac users beware!
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:54:12 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/4/2005 2:17:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mmmbob@adelphia.net writes:

> The MG Pre-War Models, 1928 to 1939, CD-ROM being advertised by the
> Heritage Motor Centre is said to be in .pdf format - its is not !
>
> It should open on a Mac or a PC but it won't open on a Mac. It won't
> even open on a Mac running Virtual PC, but will open on a PC running
> Windows. (Bill Gates strikes again.) As far as we can judge it is in
> some sort of .pdf format, but not the version marketed by Adobe.

Bob, I don't know if you got the Sacred Octagon CD that the NEMGTR put out,
but the first version of it would not run on Adobe 7.0.  We had to go back and
download a previous version of Adobe to get it to work at all.....then we
discovered a number of bugs in it.  Now they are working on a new version that
fixes the bugs and makes it run on the latest version of Adobe.......so the
problem might relate to Adobe and the version that the CD was written for.   I
just
ordered this CD yesterday.  Lew reports good things about it.
Terry