Re: Oiling.......

To: Jerry Felper <felperg@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Oiling.......
From: David Stansbie <David.Stansbie@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:01:22 +0100
Cc: TATERRY@aol.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I find it difficult to get enough 140 oil to all the
points-the front of the rear springs are a particular
problem on my car. I get loads of oil in the pan beneath
the brake cross shaft but litle further back.
Re-adjusting the valves works for a short time but the
vibration must open the valve on the cross shaft
assembly. To resolve this I've retained the original
system but drilled and tapped the oiling points and put
extra nipples there. I use the oil gun on these as well as
the oiling points on the sidewall. This means that I know
oil is getting to where it should but also the appearance
of the oiling system is as it should be. On Mon, 20 Jun
2005 08:44:40 -0700 Jerry Felper <felperg@earthlink.net>