PA Exhaust; Oil leak

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: PA Exhaust; Oil leak
From: "Daniel Shockey" <magnut_dan@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:36:02 +0000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hello,

Some very good news. I finished the engine rebuild on my PA and have it in the car. It seems to run well with good oil pressure and no funny noises yet. I threw a rod almost 3 years ago.

In sorting out the exhaust I have broken my exhaust manifold. I will check into getting it welded. Does anyone have a used one or a new one they wish to sell? Any advice on getting it welded?

The only (!) leak is from the oil gauge tap. I plan to order a new tap since mine has the handle broken off. The new higher oil pressure must be putting stress on it. Any advice on sealing this? Is it a problem point? (I am running 50 to 60 psi with about 40 at hot idle. That is with 10W40 oil.)

It has been great fun getting reacquainted with the MG.

Thanks very much,

Dan Shockey
San Jose, CA; PA2108

/// http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool