Re: Ebay WARNING- this is legit!

To: mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ebay WARNING- this is legit!
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 16:49:07 -0600
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
DB35PA@aol.com wrote:

Dear Friends,
I'm giving this wide coverage as Sandy and I have just been "pfished" or a scam was attempted. We both use Ebay periodically to support our hobbies.
We were notified but a FAKE email that our Ebay account had been suspended for some vague transgression of the trading rules. To "appeal" or suspension, we were given a web site to contact where we could resubmit all our personal info. including credit cards and pass words. Ebay has indeed confirmed it is a scam!!
Word to the wise..
Thanks for posting this. I get at least one per day, plus another for PayPal, sometimes many more than that. I report these to eBay and PayPal. I also click on "VIEW" then "MESSAGE SOURCE" to find out the URL of the bogus link in the message and then I use a program called "Sam Spade" to identify the source ISP of the bogus link and report the fraud attempt to the originating ISP.

Most of these come from Asia Pacific Net or Eastern Europe.

-Rock http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website: http://www.liberty-in-our-time.com/
The World's Best Daily News Service: http://www.rationalreview.com/