RE: SU 1 3/8" downdraft carb.

To: "'Bob Grunau'" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>, "'MG-MMM'" <mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: SU 1 3/8" downdraft carb.
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 09:19:25 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
This is an SU type D4 carb. It was used on relatively few vehicles in the
period of 1932 - 1939 including:
        1937 - 38 Jaguar 1.4 liter 4 cylinder
        1932 Lea Francis 16/70 HP 6 cyl.
        1936 - 1937 Morris 18 HP QJ/QSHM Series II
        1936 Wolseley 21/25 HP Series II

There are also some variations of this carb, but I have been unable to
determine the specific differences.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer