Re: Are we on vacation???

To: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Subject: Re: Are we on vacation???
From: Robert Zwart <zwart1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:16:03 -0700
Cc: "MMM List" <mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Boy! You are up to date....... I still have my original sets of linings I bought back in the 1950's from Moss (probably before you were born). They are asbestos based. I also have original Alfins from the early 1950s. A simple solution sent by one of the 'older' experts was to drive around the block with the footbrake down, which is against all my early training of not riding the clutch or brake. IT WORKS!!!! Now I should pull the wheels and clean the dust out. Even Alfins get hot!
Thanks for the suggestions,
BOB