Zman's MG stuff

To: <mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>, "mg-mmm" <mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Zman's MG stuff
From: "Ray" <spook01@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 18:45:14 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Hi all,

I just got back from my second trek to Cal to box/pack/skid/crate all the
Triple M bits that Bob Z sold me back in <er> May? June?
Due to our tragically being bumped to another flight, we arrived at around 1
PM in Santa Ana, boarded the trusty Budget Rentmobile, hopped a couple of
kerbs and were off to Bob's!
Upon arrival, we began frantically boxing, taping, bolting, etc. all the
goodies to the various containers, etc.
Bob's nice wife Marge, arrived with some truly good sandwiches to rescue us
from starvation and we put in around 5 hours of packing. And she is an MG nut,
too!
We fell into bed at around 8 PM local time.
Believe it or not, Bob volunteered to meet us at his shop at 5 AM so that we
could complete packing in time to catch the flight home at noon.
Either he was crazed by the idea that his shop would soon be free of billions
of MG parts, or was it that 7-11 coffee we bribed him with that did the
trick?
We got everything but two new front fenders packed by nine and ran out the
door to catch our plane.
We arrived to find our flight over-booked as usual - they should hire my wife
as a marketing director; we have actually been bumped by a marching band that
arrived unexpectedly- we opted to go back through Chicago and got not only a
couple of first class seats.....but they were together!  We got home at 9 PM
to Nashville.
Bob Zwart is the guy they had in mind when they said MG was the Marque of
Friendship.  Bob, thanks for all the help and good cheer!
And thanks for all the pencils!

Best,
Ray

Who never thought he would tire of packing MG parts.........