Re: L engine rebuild

To: Ross & Georgia Kelly <rgkelly@bigpond.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: L engine rebuild
From: "J.E.A.Rich" <mmmbob@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 11:14:04 -0600
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Ross,

As the owner of an L and a J2, and the rebuilder of MMM engines for other
people, I agree with Mike Hughes' and Lew Palmer's recomendations for
working on the cylinder head, but in my opinion they forgot what should be
done before anything else - PRESSURE TEST THE HEAD !

I have seen too many cylinder heads that have had many hours of loving care
applied to them only to find later that there are hidden cracks in it.

Test it before you start and again when you think you have finished!

Cheers, "Bob".