PA bonnet

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: PA bonnet
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:13:14 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Fellows,

Now working on PA bonnet.

When disassembling, I found side hinge pin rods were brass. Both can be
cleaned and salvaged.
However, center rod appears to be a soft steel, badly corroded. Is there a
reason I can't / shouldn't replace with brass?

Bonnet panels are badly pitted (inside mainly) and numerous serious rust
spots outside ... including all along center hinge. Edges are "knife edge"
sharp
and not straight due to rust. If I can't fix ... anyone selling/manufacturing
 bonnet panels?

Really wanted to save, as little of original body remains, but might  have to
replace.

Don B.