16" steering wheel

To: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>, "'Pete Thelander'" <pthelander@earthlink.net>, "'Ray'" <spook01@comcast.net>, <TATERRY@aol.com>, <bill707@earthlink.net>, <MIKEFRAN@aol.com>
Subject: 16" steering wheel
From: <hiro@octagongarage.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 12:41:23 +0900
Cc: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Lew,

Yours is what I meant rare original steering wheel for salonette body(I
said 18" - it's wrong, should be 16"). You are lucky.
Then you might be cut the steering column, maybe 2 inches, but have less
 space between rim and door, so take care.

Good luck,
Hiro

"Lew Palmer"  wrote:
Hiro,

I believe that is the steering wheel that I have, or close to it. It is
a 4-spoke wheel that is 16 inches in diameter. Each chromed spoke is a
solid bar (no holes) and the center is also chromed with a round
aluminum piece with the MG octagon held in with smooth rivets. The outer
 rim and part way up each spoke is covered with a black acetate
covering.

It may not be the exact wheel that you describe, but it is a smaller
diameter than most I've seen, and should make shortening the steering
column possible.

Cheers,
Lew