Central Lube again

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Central Lube again
From: "Nowlan, Chris" <cnowlan@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:07:01 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Guys,

        In my earlier suggestion of using grease applied directly to the
relevant chassis lube points, I should have stressed that I use really light
black moly based grease.  This seems to be fine for brake cables and I've used
this on both my J2 with absolutely original factory cables as well as on the
new cables for my L2.  The grease still "oozes' out of the new cables but seems
to remain very free.

        While I am really convinced that greasing the trunnions and brake cross
shaft directly is the way to go, I'm not so certain about the brake cables.

        Any further advice would be welcome.

Cheers,

Chris Nowlan
Product Development