Is there a PA "hole" expert out there?

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Is there a PA "hole" expert out there?
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:33:49 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi fellows,

Can someone explain the purpose of the 4 holes (two sets left and right,
approx. 1/4" D) found in the rearmost frame cross-shaft on my P?

I understand the purpose and use of the two holes in the rear road spring
trunion cross-shaft for the petrol hold-down clamp.

I have heard speculation that they play a role in 4-seaters but I've never
actually seen one (it's lonely here in Kansas) so I can't confirm.

Tried to get then to line up with number plate holder but that failed as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Don B.