Camshaft Metal Questions

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Camshaft Metal Questions
From: <hiro@octagongarage.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:34:49 +0900
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi MMM friends,

No.1 Question : Can someone tell me correct torqur for tightning
camshaft metal cap securing nuts (1/4 BSF) for small cam(C/D/M/J) and
large cam models(L/K/N/P) ?

No.2 Question : Has anyone tried to convert your camshaft whitemetal to
needle roller bearing for small cam models? Rear metal has lubricant
holes and we can't insert bearing sleeve due to cam lobes, hence no way
to convert, however front metals can be modified I assume. Slight wear
of those metals causes unhappy noise, and I want to stop it and to get
smoother turning of camshaft. Needle rollers would be much easier to fit
 than careful reaming of whitemetal.

Hiro Nishio
Kobe Japan