Oil Pressure

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Pressure
From: GRaw505@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 13:08:02 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Greetings All
Some time last year I fitted the Sports & Vintage alternative oil filter kit
to the PA.  Now most of the time since then I've been busy working but now
I've retired I have more time to play.  The problem is that I am having a lot
of trouble getting oil pressure on startup.  As a quick fix it appeared that
by releasing then re-tightening the relief valve cap that would work but now
nothing!.  I also considered that the filter canister was too big and sitting
too high above the sump so was draining back but having checked with Fram,
the one supplied is designated for Porche and has a non return valve.  Just
to be on the safe side, I've replaced the Pressure relief valkve and spring.
Has anyone any suggestions?
Cheers
Geoff Rawlings