Re: P-Types and Trafficators

To: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Subject: Re: P-Types and Trafficators
From: "Pip Bucknell" <mgwizard@caloundra.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 14:44:43 +1000
Cc: "MMM List UK" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Lew,

You get to a "big issue" here.

By belief is that the cars completed at Abingdon all had trafficators.  Even
the 3 Le Mans cars.

But many "factory" produced & genuine P-types left the factory without
trafficators - these include Ex154 & the cars that came to Australia just in
chassis form.  Some photos of the Cream Crackers (PA 0337, PA 0336 & PA 0682
also show the trafficators but there are also some with indications that no
trafficators were present at the time the photos were taken.  By way of
proof of that statement I submit the following .  PA 0337 was registered
TJ5000 (at least at one time) I believe.  I have a nice photo of this car
taken May 1935 & there are no trafficators visible in that photo.

Would you like to fill me in with what the reason is behind your query ?

Please, if you come across any photos of MG's prior to 1941 showing wheels
or tyres less than 18", would you forward these with as much detail as you
can fine.

Thanks

Pip
AUSTRALIA