J2 Brake adjustment

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: J2 Brake adjustment
From: Jon Feiber <jdf@mdv.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:29:42 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Folks -

I could use some advice on adjusting my J2 Brakes.

I have new cables, and the front cables have stretched beyond the point of
being able to adjust the brakes properly.  One option is to relocated the
adjuster for the front brakes located on the frame - move them forward a
bit.  This would require drilling a hole in the frame on either side,
something I would prefer not to do.  I have fashioned a bracket to move them
forward without drilling the frame.  Has anyone tried this? Any other
suggestions?

I would also appreciate any rules of thumb or guidance on adjusting the
brakes - I suspect there are some tricks that might be helpful.

Thanks - Jon