speedo drive

To: "MMM List UK" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: speedo drive
From: "Pip Bucknell" <mgwizard@caloundra.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:03:19 +1000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
There have bee a couple of messages queering the right angle speedo drive
unit used on MMM cars.

I have one of these (well , more correctly, there is one with a brand new
original P-type gear box with my son in Adelaide as he now uses that strange
P-something).

What is it that Terry is trying to find out.

With nothing to look at & a very poor short term memory, I am disadvantaged.

My understanding is that the right angle drive would need to be matched in
ratio to the speedo drive gears in the gearbox & the speedo itself. The
figures 4/10 seem to spring to mind.  That is, of course, if you want to
read the general speed that the car is travelling at.

Personally, I enjoyed driving that car just about flat out, everywhere.
Blew my brains, it did.  Perhaps that is why I have such a bad short term
memory.

Is there anything specific I can fine out for anyone.

Regards

Pip
AUSTRALIA