RE: I need a proper N type Dynamo

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: I need a proper N type Dynamo
From: "Gerhard Maier" <m.g.erhard@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 17:45:09 +0100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Terry,
it just depends what you are really looking for.

If you only need something to produce electricity for your N-type,
one of the new productions will do the job perfect.

If you go for electricity and a bit more originality, a working P-K-L dynamo
is OK (I know where to find one), when you change the gears-wheels.
But that you also can do with the J dynamo which you have,
presumed it is a DDS 14.

If you really want a Rotax AT 174  with the aluminium top, which is
the only proper equipment for a genuine N-type, its more complicated.

What could be offered from my side, is to see if there are enough
spare parts, which I have collected during the years,
that you could build a AT 174.

Gerhard

Subject: I need a proper N type Dynamo
Gents, it turns out that the freshly rebuilt dynamo that I have here is for a
J type and will not work on my N type......would any of you have a N type for
trade?  Now I know why my drive gears would not mesh......
Thanks
Terry

///