Re: P type motor

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: P type motor
From: Kellmg@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:19:25 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/22/2002 4:35:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
DENKLEMM@aol.com writes:

> Hi All
> What is the secret for removing the crankshaft pulley from the crankshaft?
> I've removed the crankshaft nut and have a 5 ton three jaw puller on the
> flange. The puller is just about as tight as I can get it. Afraid of
> breaking
> something at this point.
> Thanks
> Dennis Klemm
> PA1518

Dennis,

The pulley has two 1/4" BSF threaded holes to aid in it's removal. Also the
inner bottom bevel gear on the crank for the dynamo has threaded holes. Long
threaded rod through flat bar will usually pull these items off the crank. If
you attempt to pull the pulley off from the outside with a puller you are
asking for problems.

As a reminder, remove each gears Woodruff key from the crank before you
attempt to pull off the next gear.

Good luck.

Brian Kelly.