Re: P type distributor

To: Alex and Dorothy Dempster <aldoc@xtra.co.nz>
Subject: Re: P type distributor
From: Pat Mullen <pmullen@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:24:34 -0700
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Alex,

I don't know the "type designation" (is this the same as the service
number?) but it may be useful to know that according to Marcel
Chichak's  'Lucas distributor database' lucas.pdf on
http://www.planet.eon.net/~chichm/tech.htm
there are at least three other DK4A distributors, each with a different
service number (4022A, 40224A and 40315A) and used on different 1939-54
vehicles, which might be useful info for P-type owners looking for a
spare dizzy, albeit probably with the wrong advance curve - Marcel
doesn't specify any advance info for these.

According to Blower, the P-type timing is:
* Auto 200 advance on crank, CW rotation.
* Set at 200 BTDC
* Auto commences at 2000, ceases at 4000 rpm
ie. identical to my 6 cyl N-type.

.....Pat