Re: Landlord,, A pint of your best.

To: gill.morbey@virgin.net, mg-mmm@autox.team.net, british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Landlord,, A pint of your best.
From: Kellmg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 16:39:57 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/24/2001 3:29:32 PM Central Standard Time,
gill.morbey@virgin.net writes:

> What a fascinating question.
>
> Having just got my PA back on the road, I had planned to recreate the
> picture you refer to, although I'm not sure whether the pub and its sign
> still exists.
>
> I'll follow the thread with interest!
>
> Regards
> Dick Morbey
> PA0743

Dick,

Two minutes before you wrote the above, I found the following.

"Description
    Enjoying a pretty thatched village setting, this former 17th-century
hunting lodge is notable for its pub sign which extends across the lane. Real
fires and a warm welcome. Watch the daily changing blackboard menus for
today's specials. Under new management.

    Principal Beers
    Adnams Broadside, Morland Old Speckled Hen and IPA, Marston's Pedigree"

Ironically, they are serving the Morland Speckled Hen, also Adnams is a great
pint.

Go to the following link. Enjoy.

    http://www.theaa.com/pubs/98463.html

Brian Kelly.