Re: N/P Steering box

To: awfock@netspace.net.au, TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: N/P Steering box
From: Bill707@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:59:05 EDT
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I have installed a new VW steering box in my PA much like the one in Pip
Bucknell's as a direct result of driving and inspecting his. It gives the
advantage of brand new, very sturdy equipment with the concomitant advantages
of safety and reliability... and it steers like a dream. Other than welding a
plate on the frame there are no other changes or destruction of anything on
the car including original steering box attachment brackets. I used the
counsel and advice of Bill Bollendonk in his article on the same retrofit to
the TABC applications. I have pictures of my project showing how it differs
from the TABC installation, and will be happy to share them as long as nobody
gives me any crap for my spin on saftey and reliability VS. originality.

Bill Tantau
219 Knoll Pl.
PO Box 727
St. Helena, CA 94574-0727