Re: [mg-tabc] Water jacket crack

To: JoeCurto@aol.com, jasper@enternet.com.au, mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Water jacket crack
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 09:45:37 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/10/01 5:38:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time, joecurto@aol.com
writes:

<< Sad
 to say it is not the most pretty of repair.

Not necessarily Joe, my machinist (retiring after my job) has stiched up that
old SA block you sold me years ago...after applying the tapered plugs which
are very soft, he grinds them down and applys a special Catapillar epoxy and
smoothes it out, then you paint that spot with paint mixed with ground up
walnut shells (marine supply houses) and it looks just like cast iron!! Well,
almost!

Next we'll find out if it works!  These plugs come in a varity of sizes and
there is a firm out here in Turlock, CA who makes them...also does the
repair.  http://www.locknstitch.com/

Terry in Oakland
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol