Re: MG-NA ENGINE

To: simpsonapp <simpsonapp@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: MG-NA ENGINE
From: Pat Mullen <pmullen@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 17:02:06 -0700
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Jack,

I presume you mean the breather facing up on the RHS of the block. (The
NB has an additional, larger one on the LHS - it faces down. It is very
similar to that on my TR3)

It is 5 1/4" long and of just under 1 1/4" dia.

The dia is enlarged to about 1 7/16" (for about 1/8") 1 1/4" from the
bottom which fits (1 1/4") into the hole in the block.

The top and bottom ends are stopped off and there are are slots at top &
bottom and a seive about half way up, all to disuade too much oil from
blowing out. There is also a 3/32" hole at the bottom to allow oil to
drip back into the oil sump.

If you need a sketch I can easily make one.

Cheers ..... Pat Mullen (1936 NB, NA0895, engine AN1033)