Re:RE: MG J2 Cut-out and fuse box-Reply long

To: <scotty@dove.net.au>, <cgrunau@pathcom.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:RE: MG J2 Cut-out and fuse box-Reply long
From: tnishio@adv.mei.co.jp
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:43:55 +0900
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dear Bob, Dear Scotty,

Two years ago, when I had to drive 600miles in heavy rain in my J2, original
CJF2 unit burnt out. Fortunately one of my friend lived close the place it
broke, so I called on him and borrowed a FrogEye control box (late TD/TF as
well, it is cheap and still new one available). I dismantled it and cut the base
plate by hacksaw to get only one post of coil unit. Then I screwed it under the
dash-panel (to wooden body frame) and connected by-pass wiring from broken CJF2
to this one post bare coil unit. The result was good enough, it created 20amp on
high rev (4000+). Maybe too much amp but I was satisfied of course.
This one is still under the dash and working perfectly, hence I don't repair
CFJ2 yet, just fuses are located in that 'dead' box.

I am not an electrician so I don't like electrical job (it is invisible
anyway!), but above is one of my few success repair stories of electric devises.
How do you think?

Anyway Scotty, will you send e-mail of RF95 application to me as well ?
I will have it for my J2 Racer which is under restoration.

Best Regards,
Hiro Nishio
Kobe, Japan

J2 2771 Racer (Under restoration)