Fwd: stub axle comparisons

To: mg-tabc@egroups.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: stub axle comparisons
From: Bill707@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:55:42 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
--part1_6e.15166cb.26a86cee_boundary

In a message dated 7/16/00 13:55:44, Pip Bucknell (mgwizard@caloundra.net)
writes:

<< I want to look at strengthening the front axle on my P-type. I also feel
the stub axles should be replaced with new ones but doubt that new P-type
ones are available.

On the advice I have, some one in USA makes TC stub axles.

I have asked many people how close to the P-type are the front axles from
TC, (and would like to have some net-group feed back).

My proposal is to build a new & stronger axle and use new TC stub
axles.  But is this possible.  What about bearing sizes & front hubs.

Any help for Pip Bucknell on this quest???

--part1_6e.15166cb.26a86cee_boundary

I want to look at strengthening the front axle on my P-type. I also feel
the stub axles should be replaced with new ones but doubt that new P-type
ones are available.

On the advice I have, some one in USA makes TC stub axles.

I have asked many people how close to the P-type are the front axles from
TC.  As you have both cars, could you have a look and let me know.

My proposal is to build a new & stronger axle and use TC new TC stub
axles.  But is this possible.  What about bearing sizes & front hubs.

Regards

Pip

--=_alternative 0072E5A94A25691E_=

axle on my P-type. I also feel the stub axles should be replaced with new ones
but doubt that new P-type ones are available.</font>
TC stub axles.</font>
P-type are the front axles from TC. &nbsp;As you have both cars, could you have
a look and let me know.</font>
axle and use TC new TC stub axles. &nbsp;But is this possible. &nbsp;What about
bearing sizes &amp; front hubs.</font>