Gearbox remote

To: rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net
Subject: Gearbox remote
From: Dwyer <jasper@enternet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 19:55:41 +1100
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Rob

The remote shift assembly on the PA bears no resemblance to that on the
TC, and I think it's highly unlikely that it could be adapted. You'd be
better expending your efforts to find the real thing.

Alternatively, if you could borrow one for a while I don't think it
would be all that difficult to copy. It mostly consists of an alum
casting with a steel shaft: if you have an original casting another can
be cast using that as a pattern. I would think it should be possible to
buy a new gear lever, surely? Maybe even the gear selecting finger at
the gb end of the shaft.

As to the TA I'm sorry I can't offer any comment.

Regards

Dave Dwyer