Re: [Land-speed] A "Rat's Pix" page from World of Speed

To: Ray Buck <rbuck@xmission.com>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] A "Rat's Pix" page from World of Speed
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonwennerberg@nancyandjon.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:47:58 -0400
On Sep 19, 2009, at 12:53 AM, Ray Buck wrote:

> I'm back home for the moment.  I left the salt around 5 pm Friday.
> It's 10:30 now.  I transferred the files from the laptop to the main
> box and threw a quick web thingie together:
> http://www.chevyasylum.com/lsr/bsf2009/wos/pix/Welcome.html

>   I was pretty much on my own, since the owner of landracing (Seldom
> Seen Slim, aka Jon Wennerberg, for whom I was working) was busy
> getting his wife, Nancy into the 200 mph club on a Hayabusa.  She
> ran 204 today (I missed the run cuz I took a potty break...dammit!)
> and has to run 206 tomorrow to break the record over 200.  It's a
> slightly strange deal, but that's the way they run it.

Thanks to Ray -- he did a wonderful job of keeping things online while
Nancy and I were otherwise occupied.  Two quick comments from me and
we're heading out to get the bike out of impound -- and then back, we
hope, to impound.

First of all the record on which Nancy is running is hers from
SpeedWeek a few weeks ago -- 198.909.  There's a 205 minimum in our
class (P/P 1650), so the run she made yesterday, at 204.051 will have
to be backed up with one that's at least 205.951.  We're hoping the
cooler-still air (yesterday's DA during her run was 5271 ft.) and the
we-hope even better track will give her the extra mph.

But most important (about the stuff Ray reported) is that we are one
of the very few teams that do not run a Hayabusa.  They're admittedly
the easier was to go fast on a bike -- but we long ago chose the
Kawasaki route (all of our race bikes are Kawis).  This is a ZX14R --
the latest of hhe firm's big "crotch rockets".

That's it for now.  I'll be posting some stuff on the website Forum
later today, and I'll put information here, too.

Jon

PS  Once more -- thanks, Ray.  Check out his website for photos!