Re: [Land-speed] Electrolysis Issues...

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "LSR" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Electrolysis Issues...
From: "23weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 19:18:12 -0700
Mayf -- If you're going to have electrolytic corrosion from dissimilar
metals you need to have an electrolyte.  This begs the question of what is
in this Red Line product you use.  On the other hand, and this is a pretty
long shot, but did you use plain old distilled water from the supermarket or
did some high tech world connection give you some high resistivity deionized
water?  Anything over 1 megohm resistivity corrodes everything but stainless
steel.
Ed Weldon