[Land-speed] Thanks to all!

To: "Landspeed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Thanks to all!
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:26:20 -0700 (Pacific Standard Time)
Friends,

I feel a need to respond to all the kind words and prayers offered in this
dark time. I just cant individually respond to all the cards, phone calls,
emails and other communications that were received the last few days and
they are still coming.  Although I know that time will help the healing,
there is a great hole in my life at present. As we do what we do, I have
always been apprehensive when I send someone else for a ride in the car. I
know that the car was not as professional in its construction as many others
 but safety was always on the front burner. There were some things I would
have done differently if I could replay the scene, but it doesnt seem that
the end result would have been different. This has rerun in my minds so many
times analyzing what happened and as yet I dont have the answers and may
never know why it happened.

Except for the 1997 rollover, primarily because of an unbalanced car and a
soft course, our car has always handled well. During the rebuild of the car,
improvements were made to give us a better-balanced car. I also added
skirting and a spoiler that was a positive move which has been proven. Since
then, eight different drivers experienced no hint of a handling problem.
Making its first run at the 1992 Speedweek, this car has been the source of
many good times for our family and six joined me in the Bonneville 200 MPH
Club. Sadness engulfs us at this time, but the memories will shore us up. I
love you all.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC

faint_grain.jpg]

imstp_animation_monkey_en_020908.gif]