Re: [Land-speed] Torque Drop>From>JG Magoo

To: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pahrump.com>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Torque Drop>From>JG Magoo
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:02:52 -0700
To me, that is simply amazing! I do not know what kind of cam those guys
run but I suspect it has some overlap between intake and compression
strokes. Lets say maybe 8 degrees although that may not be acccurate.
Then the compression stroke is only an effective 82 degrees and the fire
is being lit only 7 degrees away from intake valve closing. That junk
must be really hard to light and the flame front must be very slow as
well. Ideally the peak pressure would come right at TDC, I suppose, but
I don't really know. Fascinating. Maybe that's why the blower explosions
we occasionally see are so spectacular... Valve hangs just for a
millisecond or two and KaBoom in the manifold.. More to this that I ever
imagined...

mayf.