[Land-speed] FW: Linear travel sensor

To: "Landspeed List (land-speed@autox.team.net)" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] FW: Linear travel sensor
From: Dan Wright <dwright@genetics.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:16:40 -0700
Doug, list
I am also recording suspension travel on my liner.  I made my own linear
travel sensors.  I took a throttle position sensor, made a mount block from
aluminum, it carries a bearing and mounts the sensor to the chassis.  I added
a shaft and lever arm.  I ran them front and rear, they worked well.

These particular sensors are from Dodge Mini vans with the V-6, but there is
nothing special about that, I just had a couple of them.  They need a +5 V
input, a ground and they output 0-5V signal.
I would be glad to answer questions or discuss this further.
It is a low buck way to get the job done.

Daniel Wright

MVC-016S.JPG]

MVC-017S.JPG]