Re: OT - Electronics and Computer Questions...hit delete now...

To: "Neil Albaugh" <neil@dbelltech.com>, "'drmayf'" <drmayf@mayfco.com>,
Subject: Re: OT - Electronics and Computer Questions...hit delete now...
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:40:43 -0800
Mayf--
Availability of these GPS sensors bothers me.  I can visualize ways bad
people can make mischief with such a device.
Of course there's some distance between visualization and working hardware.
How much I don't know.  I think there's a product in your idea.  Maybe the
Garmin folks already have it in their product plans.  The ability to catch a
detailed position and time record of movement with a lot of data points
could be quite valuable.  Suppose you could put it into a format that would
let you plot your travel route on Google Earth?  Or how about an acessory
sensor for the data logger products that a lot of us are using in our race
cars. (Maybe one of those product makers already offer something like this).
If I were in the business of making tachs for street and/or race cars I'd be
seriously looking at this as an feature of a high end tachometer product.
Ed Weldon