Re: Land Speed Racing at White Sands Missile Range

To: DavidAdin@mercydurango.org
Subject: Re: Land Speed Racing at White Sands Missile Range
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:48:45 EST
In a message dated 12/28/2006 8:08:40 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
DavidAdin@mercydurango.org writes:

Otto:

Speaking of ORR (Open Road Race)????  Really a  misnomer  as the aren't
really a "race" unless you run  unlimited.

Anyway, http://www.sorcrace.com/ is the Nebraska gig  (Sandhills Open
Road Challenge)- I'm second on the waiting list for  entries, I applied
in October for next August.  Plan now for  2008.

Also, http://www.bborr.com/  which is out of Fort Stockton,  TX.  Not
really much of a challenge although they claim it is the  most
challenging yaddayaddablahblah - yawn.  I ran in the fat old man  class
(95mph) because it was cheaper . . .lifted once and regretted  that.

Hi David

Thanks for the site info. Both venues are close to me, comparatively
speaking. I can see the Road Race events are designed for street type  vehicles
and
not LSR type cars. I want to build an SB2.2 powered, 6 speed road  race 67
Camaro that would fit the venue just right!

The straight line, smooth 1 mile Shootout Event in Nebraska would  be
suitable for LSR though...

You guys kicked ass in Texas!

Otto