Maxton Oct Meet...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <ECTALSR@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Maxton Oct Meet...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:20:10 -0600
What a turn out... biggest meet we've ever had... and it's freaking Oct...
crap weather outlook for Friday.... winds for Saturday... and whalla... 95+
entries...   and tons of rookies... not to mention quite a few folks tuning up
for the April HOT ROD event.

Dang folks kept me hopping Saturday... worked me like a dog Sunday morning and
made me watch Jimmy Barton in Jesel's cup car run 230 and change... finally
had time to stick Tonya in the car only to find out that the window net
wouldn't go up with her seat in the Girly position... So I had to drive our
junk... just to make sure it would run alright after I'd scrapped all that
paint off the headers...

Funny deal... I'd never been over 200 mph in the Camaro at Maxton... don't
know why ... just wasn't ever important I guess... I had the green hat... so I
let others drive it the two times it had been that fast....  wow that's a lot
of fun.... it was that next 17mph that got a bit wicked... the Camaro is a
HOOT....   Coming back down from that speed got a little exciting too... We'd
put the Nitrous button on the Shifter and I wasn't about to let it slow down
in the lights... so the chute was a bit late coming out... the brakes while
never great... were less then spectacular over 200mph... and wow... the end
comes up Really Really quick at those speeds...

Fun stuff...