Former list guy tells me even Chevrolet used the powdered

To: albaugh_neil@ti.com, saltracer@awwwsome.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Former list guy tells me even Chevrolet used the powdered
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:48:14 EDT
List: One of our former regulars here wrote this about the  ring-seating deal
:

( snip ) ...... I only got your reply to this thread (I lost  track of
landspeed and Spridgets on autox a couple years ago...)  so I  don't know where
or
how it began.  I  wrote a tech article  for Driver ! magazine a few years ago
on the subject of how Chevrolet solved the  oil burning problem with the early
265.  Chevy was spending a fortune  rebuilding brand-new engines, and needed a
quick and cheap  fix to stop all  the smoking before sales took a nosedive.
One of Engine Charlie Wilson's  proteges surmised that the problem was due to
the new hones putting too  smooth a finish on the bores and suggested that they
try scouring  powder.  After some trial and error, either Bon Ami or Babbo,
(I don't  remember which at the moment) was the choice and it was shaken into
the carb  throat of a running engine and eventually cured the problem. ...... (
 snip )

 BDF ...... Thinking somebody must have also tried Old Dutch Cleanser  !