RE: Fast Lane (try 2)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fast Lane (try 2)
From: "DahMurf" <lsr1301@dahmurf.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 14:09:38 -0400
So what if you're the little race team with a small budget, kids in tow on
summer break & can only make one meet? What if you're out of country, it
will cost a small fortune to get there, can only make one meet and want to
get to the one most likely to not get canceled due to weather? And so what
if you're only doing it for fun? Since when is having fun problematic? Now
you can't race at the elite Speedweek. But we're told we're not shit until
we race at Bonneville, and we're told that Speedweek is when you go if you
are anybody or want to be somebody and now that you've had your chance to do
it without restriction you want to restrict it for the rest of us? Why is it
that every time someone gets to be part of the "in crowd" they want to
change the rules and restrict it so others can't do it the way they did it?

Why don't you make another private meet like BUB did and only allow the big
guys instead of trying to cut the small slow guys out of the picture.

Face it, if the meets are growing and you don't want to make this a
professional paid event for "serious" racers only, the collective is going
to have to come up with a way to deal with the growing number of entrants or
just accept that you're going to be in line longer with the chance of less
runs then in the past. I don't think completely restricting the new and/or
slow racers is the way to go. It's just not in the spirit of the event,
unless of course you're trying to change the family amateur feel of things.

Just the random useless mumblings of a minority slow chick bike rider who
will most likely never be part of the "in crowd" cause of course I'm a chick
and then I ride a bike and a slow one who's never run at Bonneville so what
the hell do I know... back to my concrete.

Debbie #1301
Twin Jugs Racing