Re: Re: Airfield use

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Airfield use
From: john.szalay@att.net (John Szalay)
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 18:09:41 +0000
That was my point, on one hand they are saying, because of "security concerns"
you can't use
any airport or airfield for anything but flying uses, and then they allow the
TV folks to run a bellytank
on a high security missile base runway. several months ago, there was a picture
of an airport in FLA
that had a security gate/doorway  installed to keep access to the runways
secure. but for over a year
afterwards, they still had no wall or fence, just a secure locked doorway..
everyone just walked around
the locked gate..

 BUT then again, its our govt we are talking about..  one hand does not know
what the other is doing.
 like making the list of retired and obsolete airplanes in the boneyard at DM
classified, but allows anyone
to take a tourbus though the place... with cameras.

I forget my days in the airborne.
we were not allowed to have our weapons except when we were on patrol, had to
secure then
with the armour in the arms room/conex unless we were in the field.
and now I see that they are living/sleeping  with the weapons day & night even
in basic training..