Re: Speedweek Publicity (JCB)

To: Skip Higginbotham <Saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>,
Subject: Re: Speedweek Publicity (JCB)
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 07:38:15 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Skip and All  The only ones who can fix this problem are the racers themselves.
I do not know the time it takes between runs on the "long course". Glen can
tell us that with a sampling of the the read outs.  I do know this, drivers and
crews are told many times to be ready to go 3 back in line.

The reason I brought up the short course was I had heard those lines were
unbearable and long was OK. From you I hear different.

The tower is at the mercy of the people watching the course and the drivers who
don't get off the course.   Many of them have "attitudes" after sitting the
lines. That is unfortunate but only peer pressure can change that with a little
help from the association and better communication from the stewards.

I know for a fact, after sitting the tower, Glen and his crew call for the next
vehicle as soon as they hear the course is clear. If one does not come for 5
minutes he for sure does not know why. The timing crew could just as easily
time 4000 vehicles as 2000. We ALL wish it was better.