safety devices other than Hans

To: "landspeed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: safety devices other than Hans
From: "Bob & Bobe" <rbeefmst@brightok.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 12:10:21 -0500
There are several options in head and neck systems that I have not seen
mentioned on the list. G force makes a inexpensive system that limits forward
motion of the head.  Hutchens device also limits forward motion of the head.
Speedway markets a D cell harness device that has a very substantial harness.
Cables secure helmet to harness limiting head movement in all directions,
cables have a quick release feature.  I used this device and feel its a good
alternative to the Hans device.  Diest Safety also markets a similar device.
Anybody checking out restraint devices might want to look into these as an
option.

Bob Ragsdale
Ragsdale Race Engines