Re: Who governs records

To: terrymurphy@bellsouth.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Who governs records
From: Flowbench@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:06:34 EDT
Terry, your going to get a lot of answers to this, most will be correct but
of differing views. Any record set @ Bonneville is an SCTA/BNI record. The
clocks are certified, the course is laid out to exact standards etc. In  my and
many other peoples minds if you set a record at Bonneville it's a  World
Record! Why, because it's not likely anyone has gone faster someplace  else, We
don't care about the FIA. If you run faster than me at say Maxton, I'd  be
embarrassed to claim Worlds Record so not likely I would make such a claim  but
it's
not the norm. Bonneville is one of the fastest places on earth, and  it's
easy to get to for most of the die hard landspeed folks, if it was to far
people
would start there own LSR vinue, and do! Texas, Maxton, Australia all  have
LSR. But Bonneville takes the average of two runs to produce a record, not
just a blast down the track so that also give it some legitimacy.
JMHO
Mike