'66 427 Corvette ragtop - non-LSR

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: '66 427 Corvette ragtop - non-LSR
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 10:09:55 -0400
Now and then we get interesting vehicles to store in our log-term
storage facility, and a week ago a guy brought in his car.  He bought
it new -- and has kept it up pretty well.  He's gone off to his
summertime retreat -- he and his wife own and operate a hobby gold mine
in the Yukon -- and he left the car here.  Just for the heck of it,
what's an EWAG of what this car might sell for these days?  I don't
have insurance on the stuff stored - the owners are informed of this
and are supposed to have their own.

I did ask him if it would be okay to take it to the Salt this August --
not, I assured him, to run down the course, but just to motor around in
the pits and through Wendover.  He didn't think much of that idea. . .

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)