RE: Engine Problems

To: <Askotto@aol.com>, <ed@vetteracing.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine Problems
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 05:34:02 -0500
I have never seen one run 180 out..
Check the plug wires first for correct firing order.. Check valve lash and
adjust properly they are not set like you think they might be at TDC..Look
at the tech section of someone like comp cams and they will explain it and
save me the typing..
Then check that TDC is correct, it probably is not If you did not use a
degree wheel and stop to verify it. Probably has the wrong damper or pointer
and sounds about 20 degrees retarded. The how to do this is in just about
every 'how to hot rod'- 'whattever' as the engine does not matter the
procedure is the same..
Dave