Re: May HRM November EM Photo

To: Land-speed@autox.team.net (Landspeed)
Subject: Re: May HRM November EM Photo
From: Bobbyhotrods@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 14:30:26 +0000
A few years ago when the car was new I saw the car at Speedweek. I was drawn to
the car because I'm building a similar one, same class, etc. I knew the record
was 142 (at the time) and the twin turboed car should set a new record.
Carlson himself was there, and he was quick to say the car was for Inez' use.
Inez was his daughter-in-law, and he was obvious he liked her very much indeed.
There was only one problem; Inez had never driven a standard shift before.
So for the next few days I watched Inez miss shifts and never get in a clean
run. It didn't matter. Nobody else ever drove the car. No record.
I thought alot about that. It didn't make alot of sense to me then; it does
now. Pretty cool.