Re: British LSR vehicles for sale - Bonneville proven

To: M Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: British LSR vehicles for sale - Bonneville proven
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:18:34 -0700
So does this mean that MG Cars is out of business?  Is "In
Administration" the same as bankruptcy or Chapter 11 in the U. S.?
 From the breakdown of equipment for sale it sounds more like this is
the entire racing arm of the company that is being sold.  Is that
correct or am I being too narrow in my view?

This would be like buying/acquiring a Bonneville Streamliner ... every
part would be virtually a one off.  Even those parts that are off the
shelf in England would be a nightmare to acquire for a racer here in
the states.  Like the friend who waited eleven months for a head gasket
for a Coventry Climax engine in his one year old Lotus Elite.

The "display replicas" ... would these be driveable cars or mere
shells, painted to look like the real thing but without running gear?
 From the listing there is just one proven Bonneville car.  I have a
friend who has six British cars and could be interested in this auction
if any of the cars could be licensed here, that's why I'm asking.

Wes